Golden Sweet Cornbread — I LOVE it🙂 This recipe I have had recieved from an old friend years ago. I’ve adapted it to my likings over the years
3/4 cup butter
2/3 cup white sugar
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup cornmeal
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees C.
- Grease small pan or muffin tins.
- Melt butter in a glass bowl.
- Remove from microave and stir in sugar.
- Quickly add eggs and beat until well blended.
- Combine buttermilk with baking soda and stir into mixture in pan. Stir in cornmeal, flour, and salt until well blended and few lumps remain.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, if in muffin tins takes about 20 minutes.